175 g teff flour
1.5 tsp gluten free baking powder
4 large eggs
160 coconut sugar
4 tbsp cocoa powder
100 g dark chocolate chips
100 ml vegetable oil
250 g ripe bananas (peeled)
80 ml milk or plant alternative
1. Preheat oven to 170 C/160 C fan/gas 3. Line a 2lb tin with baking paper (allow it to come slightly above the tin).
2. Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, cocoa and chocolate chips.
3. Separate the eggs. Mash the bananas and stir in egg yolks, oil and milk. Beat egg whites until stiff.
4. Mix the wet banana mixture with the dry ingredients, then gently fold in the egg whites.
5. Pour into the tin, bake for 1 hr or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Serve with coconut yogurt or vanilla ice-cream.