1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 large white onion (finely diced)
3 garlic cloves (crushed)
1 red pepper (cut into chunks)
1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
1 1/2 teaspoons of chilli powder
1 teaspoon of chipotle paste
1 teaspoon of cacao powder
1 can of black beans (drained and rinsed)
1 can of red kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
1 can of haricot beans (drained and rinsed)
1 can of chopped tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon of salt
250ml vegetable stock
4 tablespoons of brown teff grain
dairy free sour cream
1. In a saucepan on a medium heat add the oil along with the onion and sauté for 5
minutes until it starts to turn translucent. Next add the garlic and red pepper chunks
and cook for a further 5 minutes.
2. Next add the ground cumin, chilli powder, chipotle paste and cacao powder. Coat
the onion and pepper evenly in the spices.
3. Add the black, kidney and haricot beans along with the chopped tomatoes,
vegetable stock and salt.
4. Combine and let simmer for 5 minutes before stirring through the teff grain. Leave to
simmer for about 25 minutes stirring occasionally.
5. Serve with cooked rice, sour cream, sliced avocado, fresh coriander and a pinch of
chilli flakes. Enjoy!