400g brown Teff flour
50g tapioca starch
3 tbsp ground chia seeds
1 tsp honey (or sugar)
1 tbsp dry yeast
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 eggs, beaten
2 tbsp olive oil
1.5 cups warm water
1. Grease a 2lb loaf tin with butter or oil and dust with Teff flour.
2. Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
3. In a small bowl mix eggs and olive oil.
4. Add water and egg mix to dry ingredients. Mix until the dough combines well and is thick and sticky.
5. Using a spatula or a large spoon turn dough into the bread tin. Make sure the dough is pressed into all corners.
6. Let dough rise for 60 to 90 minutes in a warm place until it rises to the top of the tin.
7. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Centigrade.
8. When the dough has risen, place it in the oven. Bake for approximately 45 minutes, until the bread is a rich brown colour and sounds hollow when tapped at the bottom.