2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
100g onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon tomato puree
3 sundried tomatoes
1 can tinned chopped tomatoes
200g Lovegrass Teff Fusilli
100g cheddar cheese (or vegan cheese), grated
100g mozzarella cheese (or vegan cheese), grated
50g parmesan cheese (or vegan cheese), grated
Basil, to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 170°C
2. In a medium pot, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil.
3. Add onion, garlic, and tomato puree. Cook until garlic and onion begin to soften.
4. Add sundried tomatoes, tinned tomatoes, and water. Bring to a boil and let simmer on low for 30 minutes.
5. Transfer to a blender or use an immersion blender to blend until desired consistency. Set aside.
6. Cook fusilli to al dente according to instructions. Combine cooked fusilli with tomato sauce.
7. Grease a baking dish with olive oil.
8. Layer half of the fusilli mixture in the dish. Top with half of the cheddar and mozzarella. Alternate with another layer of fusilli and another layer of cheese. Top with parmesan.
9. Cover with tin foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil, bake for another 5 minutes.
10. Garnish with basil.