190g teff flour sifted (brown or white work equally well)
2 tbsp gluten free baking powder
170g coconut sugar
3 tbsp cocoa powder
4 large eggs (or egg replacement, we like Free&Easy)
140ml vegetable oil
230ml milk or plant alternative
100g chocolate chips (optional but nice!)
1. Preheat oven to 170 C/160 C fan/gas 3. Line a 20cm sandwich tin with baking paper.
2. Mix the sifted teff flour, cocoa, baking powder and chocolate chips (if using).
3. Separate the eggs then beat the yolks with sugar until white. Fold in the dry ingredients, oil and milk.
4.Beat egg whites until stiff then gently fold in the flour mixture.
5. Pour into the tin and bake for 55 min, or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
6. Cool down the cake, decorate with your favourite berries and edible flower petals such as rose, marigolds or scented geraniums.