1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
1 white onion (diced)
2 garlic cloves (crushed)
1 teaspoon of fresh ginger (grated)
1 red chilli (finely diced)
1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon of garam masala
1/2 teaspoon of ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon of ground turmeric
1 can of chopped tomatoes
1 can of full fat coconut milk
350ml vegetable stock
300g red lentils
100g Lovegrass Ethiopia Brown Teff Grain
1 small cauliflower (cut into florets)
Toasted cashew nuts
1. Begin by preheating the oven to 180c and scatter the cauliflower florets onto a
baking tray. Drizzle with oil and place in the oven to roast for 30 minutes.
2. In a large saucepan on a medium heat add the olive oil along with the diced white
onion. Sauté for 5 minutes before adding the garlic and ginger.
3. After a few minutes add the diced red chilli, ground cumin, garam masala, ground
coriander and turmeric.
4. Coat the onion evenly in the spices before adding the chopped tomatoes, coconut
milk and vegetable stock.
5. Pour in the red lentils and let simmer for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
6. Then add the teff grain and cook for a further 15 minutes also stirring occasionally.
7. Fold the roasted cauliflower through the dahl and then plate up.
8. Serve with rice, coconut yoghurt, coriander and toasted cashew nuts.