1.5 cups peeled and finely grated carrots
1 cup packed pitted dates
1.4 cups raw walnuts (or other nuts if preferred but walnuts are the best for this recipe)
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
3 tbsp Lovegrass Teff flour
pinch sea salt
popped Teff or shredded coconut
1. Finely grate the carrots and set aside.
2. Add walnuts to the food processor together with the vanilla extract, salt and spices. Blend until the consistency of small breadcrumbs is achieved (approximately 15 seconds), do not over-blend. Remove from food processor and set aside.
3. Add pitted dates to the food processor and blend until they form a small ball.
4. Return the walnut crumbs to the food processor together with the grated carrot and pulse through until a loose dough has formed.
5. Add Teff flour and pulse to combine.
6. Scoop out a heaped teaspoon, roll into balls with hands and place on a plate or baking sheet. Repeat until all dough is used.
7. Roll in popped Teff or shredded coconut.
8. Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to a week.