* based on a recipe by the fabulous Lazy Cat Kitchen www.lazycatkitchen.com and adapted to work with Teff
• 225 g baked sweet potato, cold
• 160 ml any plant milk (if using thick coconut milk, water it down 50%)
• 120 g smooth nut or seed butter
• 150 ml maple or coconut syrup
• 2 tsp vanilla extract
• 50 g cup cocoa powder
• ¼ tsp fine sea salt
• 2 tsp baking powder
• ¾ tsp baking sola
• 120 g Lovegrass teff flour, sieved
• 100 g HOT baked sweet potato
• 100 g vegan cream cheese
• 100 g vegan dark chocolate, chopped roughly
• 3 tbsp maple or coconut syrup
• Few drops of orange flavour
1. Warm up the oven to 170° C and line a muffin tray with paper cups.
2. Blend sweet potato and plant milk in a food processor (or mash with fork). Add nut butter, maple syrup and combine thoroughly.
3. Fold in cocoa powder, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
4. Fold in flour and mix until combined.
5. Divide the batter between 12 muffins and bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool down completely before frosting.
6. To make the frosting blend hot sweet potato with chopped chocolate until it completely melts and combines with potato. Add cream cheese, syrup and orange flavour until blended. Spread/pipe onto cold muffins.