1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
1 leek (thinly sliced)
2 garlic cloves (crushed)
1 carrot (sliced and halved)
1 green pepper (cut into chunks)
525g sweet potato (peeled and cut into chunks)
1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
1 teaspoon of ground cumin
1 teaspoon of dried thyme
1 tablespoon of soy sauce
1 can of chopped tomatoes
1 can of butterbeans (drained and rinsed)
600ml vegetable stock
1/2 teaspoon of salt
100g Lovegrass white teff grain
Large handful of kale
Toasted gluten free bread
Pinch of chilli flakes
Serves 4-6 people
1. In a large saucepan on a medium heat add the olive oil and sliced leek. Cook for a
few minutes before adding the garlic, carrots, green pepper and sweet potato
2. Add the smoked paprika, ground cumin, dried thyme and soy sauce and then coat
the veg evenly in the spices.
3. Next add the chopped tomatoes, butterbeans, vegetable stock and salt. Combine
and leave to simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Now add the teff grain, combine and leave to simmer for a further 20 minutes
5. With a few minutes to go stir through the kale and allow it to wilt slightly.
6. Serve with sour cream, fresh thyme and a pinch of chilli flakes. Eating with some
freshly toasted buttered bread is recommended. Enjoy!