Makes approx. 9
For the base:
80g Lovegrass Ethiopia Teff Flakes
175g Lovegrass Ethiopia White Teff Flour
50ml melted coconut oil
135ml maple syrup
For the caramel layer:
180g smooth peanut butter
140ml maple syrup
90ml melted coconut oil
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon of salt
For the chocolate top:
190g melted dark chocolate
2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 180c and grease or line a square baking tin. In a blender or using a
rolling pin crush the teff flakes into crumbs.
2. Empty into a bowl and combine with the flour, melted coconut oil and maple syrup.
3. Next pour that mixture into the lined baking tin and push down firmly. Use a fork to
make a few holes in the base and then place into the oven for 12 minutes.
4. Meanwhile create the caramel layer by adding all of the ingredients to a saucepan on
a medium heat. Heat for a few minutes until everything has combined and leave to
the side to cool.
5. Once the base has cooled slightly pour the caramel on top, and then carefully place
the tin in the freezer to set for 60 minutes.
6. Next combine the melted dark chocolate with coconut oil and pour on top of the
caramel. Place back into the freezer for 15 minutes.
7. Allow roughly 10 minutes in room temperature before removing the shortbread
from the tin and slicing, Enjoy! Can be stored in both fridge and freezer.