160g (1 cup) the Lovegrass Teff Pancake & Waffle Mix
270ml (just over 1 cup) milk or plant alternative
50ml (4 tbsp) vegetable oil or melted butter
Makes approximately 13 x 8cm pancakes
1. Take 160g (1 cup) of the Pancake & Waffle Mix.
2. Tip into a bowl, add 270ml (just over 1 cup) of milk or plant alternative and 50ml (4 tbsp) of fat of your choice.
3. Stir to combine into smooth batter and rest for 3 minutes. The batter will thicken to the required consistency during this time.
1. Heat a non-stick frying pan on medium heat then add a teaspoon of oil.
2. Drop a large tablespoon of the batter per pancake into the pan, spacing the pancakes well apart.
3. As soon as bubbles appear and the bottom starts to brown, flip the pancake to cook until puffed and golden brown.
4. Serve with your favourite topping. We love it with fresh fruit and a drop of maple syrup.
Tip: To make beautifully fluffy pancakes keep the heat at medium at all times. This prevents the pancakes from cooking too quickly on the outside and produces a soft and fluffy inside. The way pancakes should be!