1 teaspoon of olive oil
1/2 large white onion (finely diced)
2 garlic cloves (crushed)
160g mushrooms (finely diced)
1 can of black beans (drained and rinsed)
50g Lovegrass white teff flour
1 teaspoon of paprika
1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
1 tablespoon of soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon of harissa paste
1 tablespoon of olive oil
Gluten free burger buns
1. In a saucepan on a medium heat add the oil along with the onion and sauté for 5 minutes until it starts to turn translucent. Next add the garlic and diced mushrooms and cook for a further 5 minutes.
2. Next in a food processor add the drained and rinsed black beans and pulse until large crumbs form. Empty into a large bowl.
3. Add the onion and mushroom mix to the bowl, along with the teff flour, paprika, Italian seasoning, soy sauce and harissa paste.
4. Mix everything together well and then form into 4 patties. Place them in a lined baking tray and then into the fridge for 30 minutes to chill.
5. When ready to cook heat a large pan on a medium-high heat and add the tablespoon of olive oil.
6. Add the burger patties and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side ensuring they don’t burn.
7. Load up in the burger buns with spicy mayo, lettuce, sliced tomatoes and gherkins. Enjoy!